Thursday, October 2, 2014

Celestial Stars Final Linkup - Fox Field Throw Quilt Top

Holy cow, I haven't blogged in so long that I pretty much forgot how to AND my live writer wouldn't sync to my blog anymore. Boo. Anyways, here's my completed quilt top for the celestial stars quilt along final linkup!




I LOVE this quilt, and I am so glad it is MINE, all MINE!!

I had gotten Diane's amazing pattern, but hadn't decided what sort of color scheme or anything I was going to go with. Then, it hit me. I had a Tula Pink Fox Field fat quarter bundle sitting in my stash just BEGGING to be used for this! Pretty sure I made a good choice :)

I didn't want a single solid background, and thought a secondary pattern in the background would look cool, so I combined Kona Ash and Bella White (don't remember which one!).

Here are close-ups of each of the 24" blocks:










I haven't had a chance to baste or quilt this beast yet as I need some backing for it, and other projects require some attention first :P Maybe by the end of the year if I'm lucky!!



Thank you so much Diane for an AMAZING pattern that I WILL be using again, and a super fun quilt along!!

6 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

I love this quilt!! The blocks are so much fun to look at! I could look at them forever. :) you picked the perfect fabrics and now I want to make a quilt with my tula pink fabrics too!! Thanks for joining me!! It was fun. :) I'm so glad you liked it!

Nedra said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! I can't even tell you how much I love this quilt. Your color selections, (as always) ROCK

Amy said...

Wow! This is a beautiful quilt. I love the fussy cutting on the center stars in some of the blocks.

Cindy said...

I really don't think you should share this quilt with anybody. It should be for your exclusive use only, no kidlets grubby hands on it! It's too gorgeous for anyone else to use it. dahlgren0609 at gmail dot com

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Ginny said...

This is a gorgeous quilt! Love the Tula and looking at the fussy cuts!