Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am trying to work my way through and either find or take pictures of all the quilts I have made. This one was from earlier this year. I made this for my friend Kristin's new baby who was born in March. No, it was NOT done by the time she was born! But I think I was only a few weeks late on it :) I know this pattern has a name, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, and I am too lazy to go looking.

This was the finished top, and it's not the best of pictures, I took it with my phone as I worked so I could text it to my husband and my mom!


I embroidered the baby's name on the bottom corner block. This was my first attempt at embridery in a good 10 years, so I thought I did a pretty good job :)
(Once again, a phone picture...)


And here is the finished product in use! Julia is on the left and Zoey(on the right) is my 3 month old. Only 2 months between the two, and they are practically the same size! Such babes! (They would NOT look at the camera at the same time! Actually, Zoey wouldn't look at all...)


The fabrics were all from Joann's (This was before I discovered my LQS or quilting blogs...), and the back is solid pink. I used satin ribbon for the binding, since it feels so cool and babies like it. I probably should have quilted it, but I was 8 months pregnant when it got finished, and I didn't want to put in the effort and time, so it is just tacked at the block corners. But it's all good, now it is nice and soft and cuddly, and hopefully it will hold up! If not, Kristin, you can bring it back for repair... :)
Kirsten

1 comment:

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

haha! Kirsten, you're too funny. :) Julia LOVES her Aunt Kirsten blankie and we use it literally at least once a day. :)