Monday, December 3, 2012

Yellow and Gray Quilt FINISH!!

IMG_6325

So, I started this quilt MONTHS ago, before we moved. In fact, I took my first few blocks with me to the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild meeting back in June!

IMG_4331

I started working on blocks again last month (from my square in square block tutorial, though I want to revamp that now…), got on a kick, and pushed through to get them all done. In fact, I took plenty of photos on my phone, but I didn’t even take the time to get any with the real camera while I had all those beautiful blocks up on my *new* design wall!

IMG_6322

Photography frustrates me. If I take the pictures in full sunlight, I get weird ugly glares, and it’s too bright. If I take them in the shade, they turn out dull, like these. Any suggestions from those of you that are better at this than me?? The colors are so much more vibrant in person!!

IMG_6332

I combined two of my favorite free motion patterns, and quilted loopys and flowers, per my mom’s suggestion. It turned out so cute and I love it! And I love this block with the big chevrons. It is left over from the backing of another finished quilt that I just got photos of, and will share soon.

IMG_6336

This picture does not even do the backing justice. It looks AMAZING in person. It is a Joel Dewberry print from Aviary 2 (L O V E!!), and the border is a BasicGrey grunge yellow. It is AWESOME.

IMG_6339

I bound the quilt in Kona Charcoal. I love the way it frames the blocks. It was definitely the way to finish it!

Each block finishes at 10”, and the quilt is 50” x 60” finished size.

I seriously wanted to keep this and change my entire bedroom to match it, but my husband wasn’t too keen on the idea :( Too bad, it would have been fabulous!

IMG_6346

Since I didn’t get to use it for my bedroom, I have listed this quilt in my shop here:)

1 comment:

Tamie said...

I love this quilt. I really want to make something similar. You've inspired me to give it a try.