Thursday, October 29, 2009

BOO!!!!!

Okay, so this is not what Kirsten hinted that I should be posting about, but if I wait as long to post about this as I have waited to post about the cutest purse ever that I made and the quilts (yes, plural!) that I have currently in the works, then I would be posting about Halloween stuff around Christmas!

So, I got these 2 black shirts at WalMart for $7 each.


And I got this square of red felt, also at Walmart, for a quarter. (forgot to take a picture before I cut into it.)


And here's what I ended up with!
The second shirt provided the fabric for the extra "legs". I added a bit of stuffing and sewed the legs into the side seams of the shirt. Then I strung the legs at the ends with clear monofilament thread and tied that to fabric loops that I could slip over my wrists so when I moved my arms the legs moved, too. Added this to a pair of black pants and I had a cute costume for cheap and really easy to make. And I had so much fun wearing it to work today!

Tracy

2 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Hee hee hee that is cute! Mike got all festive too and wore an orange shirt and black tie. Not quite as cool as the Black Widow. ;)

sewtakeahike said...

that is so cute and creative!