Friday, March 19, 2010

An Easter Basket

Check out what I whipped up tonight! It being Zoey's first Easter and all, she needed a super cute basket to put her goodies in! So, tada!


It is pretty simple, and only took me about 3 hours from my first figuring to completion. Amazing what can get done after bedtime!


I made a braided handle (fabric covered 1/2" welt), partly because it's dang cute, and partly so the handle would have some structure and strength.


I brought it out to show Spencer...he grabbed it and this happened...


Apparently this basket can also be used as a stylish hat :) ps ignore the clean clothes on the back of the couch...


specs- 6" finished height, 9"diameter, 15" handle
fabric- Eva by Basic Grey and 1 fabric in handle is Full Moon Forest by Tula Pink
Other stuff- fusible fleece and 1/2" welt

2 comments:

Kirsten and Tracy said...

OMIGOSH!!! I can't believe you got it finished already!!! And it is soooo dang cute (even on Spencer's head)!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Ummm... HELLO? Are you going to tell me HOW to duplicate this adorableness?