Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Twinkly Stars Quilt Finish!

It is finished! I finished up the binding on this cute thing on Sunday night, and now I want all my quilts to be this small, because it seemed like the binding took no time at all!


So, all the star fabrics are SCRAPS, how cool is that? I feel so accomplished, I busted some scraps! Though, like I said in this post, I got bored of making stars after making these 9, so I decided that a small quilt was in order!


I used this awesome Jennifer Pagenelli stripe I had sitting in my stash begging to be used. It frames all that white on the front great!


When I asked my quilting consultant (aka the hubs!) what I should use for the back, he said it needed some BAM! Off to the stash I went again, and I found this print that was also begging to be used! I bought it thinking I would use it in Zoey's string quilt, but decided it would look better in something with bigger pieces. Well, BAM! It works perfectly as backing; then you do't lose the awesome print!


This is my favorite star. The center block on it is only 1 1/2". It's so tiny!


I quilted with an all over loopy (still one of my favorites!), but I made smaller loops than I usually do, since this quilt is so tiny.

Oh and I tell ya, when you start quilting something, check the back for tension problems RIGHT AWAY! I got almost 1/4 of the way done with this one and THEN remembered to look...Yeah, the seam ripper and I spent some quality time together...But now it looks fabulous, so that seam ripping was worth it :)

I have listed this pretty little quilt in the shop, so it can find someone to love it as much as I do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I make a lot of charity quilts and this style would be a perfect use for all those lovely scraps I've collected!