Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ta da da!

So, we have already established I'm horrible at posting on the blog. And Kirsten has just been trying to survive the illness her new little parasite is inflicting on her, so our poor blog has been very neglected. In my defense, I have been helping her out with her first parasite as much as possible while she has been sick (not to mention all the time that my money job takes up!!!)

Anyway, I've had this quilt completed for quite a while but I finally got pictures and at long last here it is. You may remember a drawing I made while I was still dreaming up this beauty.

It's hard impossible to tell from the picture, but most of the strips that make up the interlocking squares are continuous strips. This was really fun and challenging to make but it went amazingly fast. Now I want to try it out in other color combinations. Zoey wanted in on the photo session and who am I to deny anything this little cutie wants!

Here is the back. With all that black on the front, it needed some brightness on the back.  I just cut 10" squares from all the pieces I used for the front squares and patched it all up.  Zoey is trying to find Papa, who was the designated quilt holder.

I have lots more projects to post, so hopefully this will get the ball rolling!  Oh, and Kirsten is finally feeling better and has escaped to San Diego for a fun getaway before school starts up again, so hopefully she will have some great pics to post when she returns.

3 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

That's like two quilts in one! It looks fantastic, I love it.

Tiffany said...

Wow, I really love that Tracy!

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

Wowza! I'm impressed!