Monday, October 22, 2012

Some Red and Aqua love (with a touch of pink)

So remember this photo of a bunch of teeny triangles on my cutting board? I sewed them together, set them in a field of aqua, and turned it into this!
IMG_5351
Oh my goodness, I had so much fun with this quilt! I have had so many custom jobs and baby quilts to make lately that I haven’t just PLAYED with fabric and made something because I thought it might kind of look good. It was great!!
IMG_5352
I tried to push myself a bit with the quilting, too. I know I need to branch out and do some more free motion quilting. Originally, I was going to just do the diagonal lines on all of the blue (there’s something different in the triangle area, but it’s hard to see here), but after I got partway through I could tell it needed something else, too.
IMG_5353
So, I pebble quilted a strip, and I LOVE it!!!! It was SO much fun to quilt! Definitely want to play with some of that again.
IMG_5356
Aha, now you can see all of the quilting. I kept the back solid; I liked the idea of just having that one block of triangles in the whole quilt.
IMG_5361
I bound the quilt in one of my favorite dots ever. It’s a dot from Bonnie & Camille’s Bliss line.
Quilt finishes at 42” x 49”, and is now available in my shop here.

No comments: