Monday, October 8, 2012

A Domestic Bliss Baby Quilt

I finished this cute baby quilt recently and finally got pictures on Saturday:

IMG_5342

I duplicated this quilt that I finished a few months ago, but this time I used two charm packs of Domestic Bliss. LOVE this line! I didn’t like it immediately; it took me a few times seeing it to decide that it is fabulous. Unfortunately, since I didn’t purchase any right away, I missed out on a few prints that I really wish I had now!!

IMG_5343

My sashing is a cream solid, and for the life of me I can’t remember now what color it is, or if it’s a bella or a kona! Those solids are just so tricky!

IMG_5344

I backed the entire thing in this cute print. It’s so fun and happy! And I love the binding!! Kicking myself for not getting more than a 1/2 yard of that one…

IMG_5345

I went straight line quilting with this quilt. I felt like the prints were so busy, it needed something simple. I quilted 1/4” away from the sashing seams to emphasize the grid pattern.

This cute, fun little quilt finished up at 38” x 47”.

IMG_5349

It turned out beautifully! I really love the super saturated colors, especially for a fun modern baby quilt.

I have listed this quilt in my shop here :)

No comments: