Friday, January 25, 2013

A Baby Boy Quilt

Today I am sharing a little boy quilt that I finished in November (in a rush so I could have it at all my craft fairs!).

IMG_6348

Lime, teal, light blue, and orange is not a normal color combination for me, but it surprised me and I ended up loving it!

IMG_6354

I pulled the color scheme from the fabric I used for the border (Riley Blake Wheels I think?). I figured if it made that print look way cool, why not a whole quilt? :)

IMG_6353

I quilted a basic diamond grid design all over; not too heavy, so the quilt will be super soft, but heavy enough for a little boy quilt.

IMG_6356

I backed the quilt in this fun blue and white dot. I got a few yards of it as an end of bolt a year or so ago, and I have loved it! I will be so sad when I run out.

IMG_6358

I used a Me and My Sister Designs green grid print for the binding. Another one I will be very sad to use up!

IMG_6357

This cute little quilt measures at 37” x 47”, and is available in my shop here.

 

ps- My BFF Melanie from The Crafty Cupboard is in a competition over at Project Run and Play, and has made it to week 3! Go check out her fabulous outfit (hers is the “Dean’s List”), the little jacket is to die for! And vote please!!!

2 comments:

jt2011 said...

I love this layout! Is this a pattern or tutorial?

jt2011 said...

I love this layout! Is this a pattern or tutorial?