Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Super Girly Fun

I have my last November finish to share now!

IMG_6363

I LOVE this quilt! It is so bright and busy and all GIRL! Once again, I started with a fun multicolor print that had been living on my shelf waiting for the perfect project. I pulled out that argyle print while I was supposed to be working on something else (surprise!), and the rest of the fabric practically jumped into a pile and screamed to be cut.

IMG_6368

I used the same basic pattern as the quilt in my last post, but I deleted the sashing and made more blocks. I love that it is super simple, almost a plain square patchwork, but just adding the rectangles makes the quilt look like so much more!

I quilted with an all over meandering loop – definitely my favorite free motion pattern!

IMG_6372

The back of this quilt might be my favorite part of the whole thing!! This huge yellow chevron (Riley Blake) is fan. freaking. tastic. Seriously.

IMG_6375

I bound the quilt in Kona Bright Pink. I have a weird thing for solid bindings lately; I feel like I have done a lot of them! I love how they frame a busy quilt.

IMG_6374

The quilt finishes 48” x 56”, and is available in my etsy shop here.

Whew! Now the only finish I haven’t posted from last year is a Christmas gift, and I haven’t gotten pictures yet :) I feel much more caught up, even if I do still have 3 quilts to post (2 need pics…), plus all the fun little stuff I have been up to for the shop!

1 comment:

Nedra said...

you have such an eye for color! nice job!