Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Continuing on…

Let us travel a little further back…to October now. My BFF Melanie was expecting a baby boy, and had a lovely baby shower to get her so cute boy stuff (she has 2 girls already). I presented her with this quilt (though it was only in flimsy form…I was a little behind!):

IMG_1255

So, 3 days after Mel’s super cute boyish shower, she has a late ultrasound, where they discovered that their boy was most definitely….a GIRL!

Being me, I couldn’t give a little girl this distinctly boyish quilt, so I kept it and finished it to throw in the shop :) By the way, Mel’s cute little girl still doesn’t have a finished quilt, but I did start it last week.

IMG_1259

This backing made me so mad! I was going to go easy and just use a solid piece of fabric, but I cut it wrong! So, I pieced in that solid green kona, and now it is pretty :) By the way, the blue and green print is from Kate Spain’s Flurry line, and it is SO SOFT. Seriously cuddle-worthy.

IMG_1257

I quilted a diagonal grid through the blocks. No real reason, I just liked it. Oh yeah, did I mention that my mom ended up cutting and piecing most of this one for me too? I really was trying to hit that shower deadline! I finished piecing the top and did the rest though :)

IMG_1263

This one finished at 42” x 53”, and is up in the shop.

No comments: