Thursday, April 11, 2013

Another AWESOME Custom Herringbone Quilt

My lovely friend Julie sent me some fabric to make a quilt for her. First she said she wanted something with triangles, but then she saw my other herringbone quilt, and changed her mind :)

IMG_7382

Thus, this gorgeousness was born! Really, how can you go wrong when you get to play with Amy Butler fabric? If you follow me on instagram, you got to see some of the process on this quilt, including a little helper “helping” at the design wall….

IMG_7390

I had fun with the quilting on this one, too. Going to QuiltCon definitely made me want to try harder to make my quilting as fabulous as the other parts of my quilts. So, I quilted 1/4” to each side of the horizontal seams to make a chevron look, then on most of the quilt I added another line of quilting one inch into each chevron. However,  on a few of them, I added some fun free motion patterns instead.

IMG_7393IMG_7394

IMG_7395

Excuse the poorly lighted photos, my photography is still a learning process :)

IMG_7392

And then I added rows of pebbles here and there. Seriously loved quilting this one!!!

I used a wavy stripe for the binding. Looks great on the front and the back!

IMG_7398

Most of the back is this park fountain print in brown and yellow that I had in my stash, but since the top was too wide for one width of fabric, I added a strip of the brown and yellow martini dots, too. Fun and funky :)

IMG_7400

This quilt has already arrived at its new home(um like a month ago….), and I am now in the middle of working on a drunkard’s path quilt along for the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild. Since my mom and I will be heading the QAL, maybe we will post them here, too!

ps- seriously, if you want to see what I’m up to WHILE I’m doing it, find me on instagram. It is fantabulous.

1 comment:

Andee said...

Love the herringbone quilt...wow on the quilting too! :)