Friday, April 9, 2010

After a few teasers and shots previously, it's finally done! I am very pleased with this quilt, it turned out really well. It is so nice when a project comes together easily and turns out looking even better than you thought it would!


I quilted this one with a double diagonal crosshatch. There was already a lot going on with all the different fabrics, so I didn't want something too busy. Less is more :)


Here's the back. I used scraps from the front for the inset strip. Oh, and I was able to use stash for the ENTIRE quilt. I didn't ahve to go get anything! Woo woo!


And oh, the binding. A lovely chocolate brown with aqua dots. How can it get any better? I will definitely be using dots for binding more often now. Finished size is 48" x 59" before washing.


Did I mention that it was GORGEOUS outside yesterday? I took Zoey out to do this photo shoot and put her down on another quilt (she doesn't like touching grass, silly girl!), and it was so nice out, we ended up sitting out there for another 30 or 45 minutes. Zoey enjoyed making noise and listening to it echo off the apartment buildings.


This quilt is going to be for sale in my Etsy shop as soon as I get one set up! Tee hee, a little ahead of myself :) If anyone is interested in it before I get it set up, shoot me an email. And, the child just woke up from her ridiculously short nap....oh joy.

2 comments:

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

Yea for etsy shop!! Hopefully you'll make some good money! I think you will. If you get bored today, I'll have alex here from about 9:30 or 10 until about 2:30-3ish. You're welcome to come crash our party. :) If you wanna be a lazy bum and stay home, that's fine too.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I like the look of that double cross hatch. NICE!