Friday, April 23, 2010

It's an animal party!

UPDATE: My etsy shop is now up and running! With one whole listing...for now :)


After days of procrastinating going outside for a photo session (for a few days it was too dang hot and next few were a bit too cold!), I finally get to show off this cute little quilt!

The inner squares finish at 3", and the outer squares finish at 8".


This one came together super fast, it was fun. It is also much smaller than I usually make, but I decided to break the mold :) Before washing, this one finishes at 32"x40 1/2", a good stroller or carseat quilt. I quilted 1/4" away from the edges of all the squares- it's actually easier to see it on the cream strip on the back. Quilting this small quilt makes me dread the TWO 70"x90" finished tops I have sitting waiting for backing...


I used up all of what I had left of my Animal Party prints for the backing. It wasn't quite enough either, I had to throw in the blue strip too! I like how it turned out, it makes this one pretty much reversible!


I don't know the future of this quilt for sure. It might end up for sale (I almost have my etsy shop ready!!), but for right now I'm hanging on to it.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

1 comment: