Monday, April 19, 2010

New Quilt Top!!


So I had a post all written and scheduled to post this morning, and I got on and it had DISAPPEARED! Dumb blogger...anyways, so here I am rewriting it!

I got this new quilt top cut and halfway pieced on Saturday! (Once again, forgive my bad apartment lighting!! I will get good pictures when it is done) This is the one I was to depressed to start on Friday night..lol. I decided a 3 1/2" strip off the yardage for my skirt wouldn't kill it, and if it did, well, I guess I will just have to go buy more..oh darn! ;)

This is my first foray into diamonds, and I have to say, it's been really fun! A nice change from squareness. I am not too sure about the dark dark purple right in the middle, but well, every single purple that I have is in this quilt! And I just got 2 of them on Friday...Apparently I need to branch out when I choose my fabrics :)

Unfortunately, I don't think I will get a chance to work on this one again until tomorrow. This morning was taken up by grocery shopping and hitting 2 different artsy stores looking for specific colors of a specific kind of paint for the husband's design classes. Talk about killing nap time! And lunch time, since we got going a bit late...oops! Yeah, Zoey is just now eating lunch..I'm a terrible mother :) Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

It's cute! You're so freakin tricky, it makes me jealous! :) Zoey and Julia need to have a play date sometime in the near future. :)