Saturday, April 10, 2010

On a roll!

You know what? I feel really accomplished this week! I finished a quilt and basted another quilt (not this one, another one that I haven't shown yet). And as if that wasn't enough, I also started this little quilt! It's only going to finish at 32x40, so much smaller than I usually do, but it has been so fun! I got it basted yesterday, and hopefully I will get it quilted during naptime today! Cross your fingers for me...


Did I mention that this quilt came completely from stash? Woo woo!! And hubby approved of me buying more animal party fabric since this used up every last bit of what I had. Double woo woo!!!
On another quilty note, I have this crazy hexagon quilt that I started last October that is slowly coming along. I had it out to see how far I was and snapped a picture. I keep the ziplock with all my basted pieces with me, and I do a bit here and there when I have down time (hand stitching this puppy. Yeah, I'm crazy).


I now have 20 "flowers" sewn together, and 12 more to go and then I have to figure out how to put this thing together! Too bad it won't be so portable then...


2 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Kirsten, your hexagon quilt is turning out so beautiful! I love it. You are a crazy girl to hand stich that. Very cute.
Sharla :)

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I love the first quilt pattern- what is that? I saw one like it on Twin Fibers and have been trying to find dimensions for it. I've got fabric sitting around waiting to be cut.