Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hexies

I'm not one to sit and be idle.  Even if I'm watching TV, I like to have something for my hands to do...something creative.  It might be genetic because I never saw either of my Grandmas or my mom just sit with their hands idle.  There was always crocheting, counted cross stitch, needle point, or some other kind of hand work going on while they relaxed.  So, when I saw a tutorial somewhere out in blogland about hexies, I thought it looked kinda fun.  One day, instead of going home from work, I decided to go to Kirsten's to play but I didn't have anything with me to "do", so I hit our favorite LQS and picked some fabrics from their FQ 1/2 price bin (it's sorta like the candy shelves at the cash registers at grocery stores!)  Then I went next door to the grocery store and picked up a roll of freezer paper and the next thing I knew, I had these...


And those have grown into these...

I pretty much just take my hexies with me everywhere I go and when I have a few minutes I pull them out and keep adding to them.  I think they are going to be a doll quilt for Zoey.  I don't love all the fabrics, so I want to finish up this project and then start on something else with hexies.  I really love doing these, they are so addictive!

No comments: