Friday, May 28, 2010

A couple WIPs

It has been a busy week around here, but not a lot of quiltyness. Hubby has a picture on his phone of what I have been up to, so once I get it uploaded, I will share. But until then, here are my current WIPs:

I didn't realize how awful this picture was until I had it on the computer...but that's what I took so that's what you get!

I have a stack of squares pressed and waiting to be squared up that I plan to work on this weekend. I'm at the stage of wondering if I chose my fabrics well for this quilt; hopefully that will pass once I get them squared up and figure the layout.

And I have this gorgeousness: 


Yeah, there are 5 other quilts underneath there...and a baby walker...and a diaper bag...and a backpack...
Anyways, I got my blocks sashed and sewn up, and I have to say, this one is looking good!

Now, I need an opinion. Is the pink fabric sitting on top there too dark of a pink to use as binding? I could use some feedback, because I am on the fence for this fabric. It is way darker than the rest of the pinks in the top, so I can't decide if it looks good or not. Help! Then just to figure out the backing...

Have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow that is a gorgeous quilt top!
I love it!!!
I think the pink will be OK, You have the reds in there so it won't be the only dark fabric. It should frame it nicely.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

This one makes me weep it is so beautiful. I can't wait to see it in finished form.

C'mon, how about some tiny polkadots for the binding???

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Such a pretty quilt! :o) Hm... I do like Melanie's suggestion of maybe one of the polka dot fabrics...or maybe a color closer to the darkest "red" that is in there already.

And how wonderful that you are a mom and daughter team! I look forward to when we are able to live near our children-my hubby and I are in coastal Georgia and our older daughter and her hubby just moved to Indiana for one year...and other two are still in college in Kentucky.

Blessings & Aloha!

ferne said...

I am visiting your blog from the In Stitches link. I love the quilt top you have in this post at the end. I am not much help though because when I looked at it I thought 'turquoise' because it is the middle color and it would tie it all together.

I am enjoying your blog!

Vanessa said...

This is my first time visiting your blog (found you from In Stitches). I think this quilt is one of my favorites ever!! I love those colors together. About the binding - I think another color or shade would look better with this one but I'm not sure what color or shade that would be. :) Sorry, that's not much help. Good luck with it!