Monday, April 23, 2012

Custom Garden Fence

I’m so creative with titles and quilt names, eh?
IMG_3494
I had a client come to me because she loved my original garden fence quilt, but wanted it in pinks and purples for her daughter.
IMG_3495
After picking out fabrics, off to work I went! It was fun to work with this color palette after some more subdued ones recently. This also followed some outdoor cushions I remade that were in browns…a nice change!
I quilted an all over meandering flower pattern to add a bit more girlyness.
IMG_3500
Look how artfully I took this picture, you can’t even tell that my mom is holding it up for me! ;)
The backing is this super cool pink print, and has a bit of a story. I got a fat quarter of this print at the last quilt show I went to, but my fat quarter was the side without the printed selvage…luckily mom got one too, and had the information on hers(ClaireBella by David Textiles), since my client liked the print and wanted it for the back.  Off to google….after quite a bit of searching, I finally found it for purchase in ONE place (The fabric is 2 years old…), and SCORE, it was only $5/yd!!! I got extra :)
IMG_3497
All but one of my purples ended up being from Me and My Sister fabric lines. Their shade of purple ended up being just right; the rest of my purples were WAY off; either too pink or too blue. The other purple is from Kate Spain’s Terrain line. The pinks are all over the place though!
IMG_3503
This quilt is shipped off and should already be to its new home! Now to finish some baby quilts for all my pregnant friends….why do we tend to have our babies in waves? I have THREE to make before July, and one that needed to be done already so I can ship it off…at least that one is started and should be done soon!

No comments: