Friday, April 13, 2012

Really??

I am not a particularly political person; I know it’s an election year, and I might or might not recognize the names of the candidates, but I’m usually not so up to date on the current events. HOWEVER, yesterday I ran across the video of Hilary Rosen accusing Ann Romney, saying, “she’s never worked a day in her life,” because she’s a stay at home mom. If you haven’t seen it, go find it.

SERIOUSLY??

Apparently Ms. Rosen has never chased a 2 year old all day.

Now, I could go on about this at length, but I could never sum up my thoughts on the matter as well as Jenna, over at Mom, the Intern. She wrote exactly how I feel on the matter, and did a fantastic job. Read it.

I have to say that I have the the utmost respect for moms who work, since they have TWO jobs. My own amazing mother has had to work, and still did an excellent job raising me(if I do say so myself). But raising your children is beyond a doubt the hardest job a parent will ever have. And makes you more aware of everything going on, economically and otherwise.

I also found this article: Why Stay-At-Home Moms Should Earn A $115,000 Salary on Forbes yesterday, which I found to be both entertaining and SO TRUE.

Anyways, that’s my little rant. I’ll show you another newly-completed quilt on Monday, deal?

No comments: