Monday, April 9, 2012

Quilt in Progress and Easter Dresses

Working on a custom garden fence quilt today:

IMG_3449

The pinks and purples are fun to work with right now; I haven’t had this color combo in a while. My goal is to get all the blocks put together today. We will see if I manage it or not!

And here’s a look at the girls in their Easter dresses yesterday:

IMG_3303

IMG_3337

IMG_3348

I used the Junebug dress tutorial from Craftiness is not Optional. It was really easy, and turned out super cute, but it is a beast to get those dresses on and off wiggly girls! I also changed up the button size for each of them. The 5/8” buttons were too small for Zoey’s, and while that size would have looked ok for Jocelyn, I couldn’t find any that matched.

I also made their hair flowers. I might have to throw up a tutorial for those some time, because I REALLY like how they turned out(ended up making one for myself and for my mom, too!), even though I was flying by the seat of my pants when I made them :)

Anyways, hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend, and hopefully I will have more time to sew now that it is over! Tee hee

1 comment:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Those dresses are truly adorable. I was a slacker mommy this year, and just put ruffle fabric on a t-shirt to make a dress. :)